Kiwi's care about climate change
- Both young and old are concerned about the build up of plastic in the environment
- 50% of NZers said they have taken action on climate change
- 48% have deliberately switched to a brand/service provider which is more sustainable
- 34% of people of 60yrs think climate change is a hoax (and 40% are unconcerned) - the report 'ok boomer'd' an old man!
- Those who say Government should lead the way are significantly more likely to already be doing what they can to help (ie conscious consumption and voting regarding environmental policies)
- Those who say Companies should lead the way and say they are prepared to pay for it
- People are still confused about business environmental claims - so simple and transparent is important
- Young people want to work for employers that are socially and environmentally responsible (72%)
This resource provides a compelling case for making systems more sustainable rather than focusing on small solutions. We need leadership from government and businesses and that can be driven by consumers.