Vision: Foster sustainable behaviour and a circular economy for the future
Mission: Provide education that encourages and empowers individuals to make sustainable changes
- Reduce single use plastic consumption through hands-on education
- Engage the community in local circular economy practices
- Provide a positive sustainable vision for the future so that individuals can see the opportunities to create a better world.
Plastic Free workshops
- Provide opportunities for people to learn skills to avoid single use plastic
Plastic recycling workshops
- Provide opportunities for individuals to understand more about plastic production, plastic pollution and share skills on how to repurpose or recycle plastic waste
Circular Economy Systems showcase
- Promote local examples of a circular economy in practice
- Encourage engagement in a discussion around what circular economy systems look like in practice
- Support local circular businesses and groups through purchasing and collaborating with
Recycled plastic and plastic free products
- The production and sale of sustainable products, both recycled plastic and plastic free, is a way to encourage people to reflect on their consumption habits and provide products with a positive environmental story.
UN Sustainable Development Goals
Our Team / to tatou kapa
Anthea has a BSc in Zoology with a focus in marine biology and a minor in Archaeology. She trained as a PADI dive instructor at Dive Otago and in 2011 was awarded the Rolex Our World Underwater Scholarship for the Australasian region. Through this scholarship she was able to work with marine conservation efforts around the world. Upon arrival home she was involved with local organisations such as Our Seas Our Future and Project Aware.
Anthea has worked in sustainability in Christchurch since 2016. Through her experiences in conservation, sustainability and living a zero waste lifestyle, Anthea provides environmentally focused education throughout Christchurch.