Mini embroidery hoop laser cut from ply wood.
Made up of three pieces: two hoops that are secured together through tension on the top handles and a third circle to plug the back once you have finished your project.
Turn your own creation into a beautiful mobile accessory or just a mini to hang on the wall! I decided to make these as I couldn't find them anywhere else and I wanted to do lots of little embroidery projects! Great for practicing and trying new ideas as well as darning to repair!
- Laser cut wooden hoop (3 pieces). Outer Diameter 6cm
- Clip to connect hoop to necklace if you choose.
How to use:
- Place fabric of choice over full circle and press open circle over top.
- Hold the top handles together for tension and pull the fabric tight.
- Secure the handles while working with a rubber band so you can remove from fabric for any finishing etc.
- Once you are happy with the design, you can secure the hoop handles by tightly wrapping embroidery floss around and tying off.
- Cut the fabric around the outside, leaving about a 2cm clearance and then tuck into the back. Place the filled circle (the third piece of wood) over the tucked fabric and press into place. This may require a little hammering as the thickness of the fabric will add resistance.
- If you want to turn into a necklace, use the accompanying clip to provide a place for the necklace string or chain to feed through.
- You could turn these into brooches by gluing a pin, or magnets by sticking a backing on. (Get in touch if you would like to swap out the necklace clasp for either of those).
We post plastic free. Made in Christchurch, NZ by Remix Plastic.